Before installing DirectAdmin let us see which operating system does it supports.
|CloudLinux||6.x 64-bit, 7.x 64-bit, 8.x 64-bit|
|AlmaLinux / RHEL / CentOS||7.x 64-bit, 8.x 64-bit|
|Debian||8.x 64-bit, 9.x 64-bit, 10.x 64-bit, 11.x 64-bit ALPHA|
|Ubuntu||16.04 64-bit, 18.04 64-bit, 20.04 64-bit|
|FreeBSD||11.x 64-bit, 12.x 64-bit|
Guess it supports all major Linux distributions.
|swap||For < 2GB of RAM: 2 x RAM, for 2GB – 8GB of RAM: equal to the amount of RAM, for > 8GB of RAM: at least 4GB|
|/||Rest of drive|
Now to the actuall part. Run the following command to install directadmin in linux
bash <(curl -Ss https://www.directadmin.com/setup.sh) auto
After the setup is completed you can access your DirectAdmin control panel using port 2222
Steps to Follow:
1. Install SSL for your Hostname
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts ./letsencrypt.sh request_single `hostname` 4096
- Go to custom built and enable lsphp, openlitespeed and mod_security and php extensions.
- Go to customize theme and disable the last two support options under user menu.
- Go to theme options
- Create Packages————->Just go to user packages and click on export and copy the text and import it if you are migrating from other host.
- Install cloudliux and enable cagefs
3. Disable Brute Force Notifications in admin dashboard.
Edit directadmin config file as follow:
4. Install Ion Cube
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild ./build update ./build set ioncube yes ./build ioncube